Previous posts were written about some of Albert Einstein’s greatest quotes. One such topic which there is a Plethora of Albert Einstein quotes available is technology. With technological improvements elevating at a rate like never before – it is easy to forget about the consequences of our actions. As much as there are so many advantages to achieving things with new technology – we need to step back and observe the consequences of our actions. This means carefully evaluating how we can use technology responsibly and wisely while still preserving the goodness in the world.
Today people abuse technology as much as they use it for good:
- The internet can help grow entrepreneurial mindsets and help people become successful college students conversely it can also create sexual and gambling addictions
- Technology can help us overcome stress and anxiety by giving us access to great movies, series and sports. Yet it can also result in dopamine overdoses in our bodies resulting in addictions and the inability to get productive work done.
- Weapons have made it possible to protect nations; however in the wrong hands it can easily take innocent lives
- The modern generation are technology gods in the workplace however they suffer from a lack of social skills
- Mobile phones help us during an emergency yet it can also be a relationship killer when you are constantly glued to your mobile screen.
These are just a few of the many paradoxes of technology application. Whether we like it or not, technology is here to stay. It is up to us however to view it as it is – i.e. a piece of technology. It is there to help us but not to consume our lives. We need to focus on sustaining our brain health, participating in intellectual hobbies and reaching self actualization.
If you are keen to develop the balance you need in life to achieve success. Check out these Mindspurt categories:
- Healthy Mind – Learn how to sustain your brain health
- Conscious Living – Destroying bad habits and creating strong values to live by – avoiding living life on autopilot
- Active Brain – Learn to expand the mind through brain neuroplasticity
- Personal Growth – Achieving success in all facets of your life (career, personal life and academics) through the mental decisions you make
Here are 3 times according to sources, that Albert Einstein quotes technology:
“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
This time when Albert Einstein quotes technology, he seems to be referring to a future in which we are currently living. Technology has made it possible for us to avoid having personal meetings as everything is done online. As a result, the element of human interactions has reduced the intellect of the youth.
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
This time when Albert Einstein quotes technology, it is easy to see what he means. With technology like weapons and even the dark net available, people have lost all touch with humanity. There is more online criminal activity than ever before. It seems like the more technology advances, the easier it is for people to skew their moral compass.
“Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.”
This time Albert Einstein quotes technology to give reference to how easy it is for crime to occur with advancements in technology. As much as technology has the ability to do good, it just as easily has the potential to assist criminals with committing crime.
If you enjoyed the post also check out:
To learn how to live life consciously and with a clear perspective; read this ultimate guide: A Mindful Approach To Self Actualization