Everyone has new year resolutions; whether they follow them or not is a whole different story. However, being a student requires a whole new set of resolutions to ensure success. So in the spirit of the new year festivities, here are new year resolutions for students to achieve success.
“Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom”George Washington Carver
These new year resolutions for students are bound to give you a head start with your studies in the new year; if you are not already practicing them:
- Take a step back. Add rest and relaxation to your routine
- Plan properly
- Learn time management
- Study what you love – even if you have to shift your initial plans
- Learn to build a career not just pass exams
- Learn life lessons – college is the biggest opportunity to expand your mindset
- Make time to be curious
- Don’t neglect other parts of your life in pursuit of a degree – there is always a possibility of balance.
- Learn networking skills – you can’t be strong at everything
- Choose your friends wisely – you are the company you choose to be with
- Take practicals seriously – applying yourself if what really matters
- Learn to study efficiently
- Organize your life, remove clutter and gain more focus
- Work smart not hard
- Learn to manage stress – it’s going to be with you all your life
- Take care of your health – eat well and exercise regularly
- Learn and explore yourself – learn your likes and dislikes
- Embrace the mindset that your college major does not define you
- Don’t give in to peer pressure – learn to live by the values you set for yourself
- Take deep breaths especially when it seems like you don’t have the time
- Take failures as lessons. Never let it get you down.
- Learn social skills it will carry the most weight in the working world.
Studying can be a scary experience and mistakes are bound to happen. The key however is to always stay positive, learn from failures and move forward. New year resolutions for students is an excellent starting point to turn things around but also remember you can incorporate change at any point in your life.